Skip to content

Won't go previous on play mode

Make us happy - post a bug!

Won't go previous on play mode

Postby holyjewsus » 14 Sep 2011, 02:15

This one is slightly complex but very annoying.

On mac

I'll be editing the inside of a container. I run the code and when the universe window flashes and rebuilds I am back inside of the container instead of outside in the whole graph.

The code won't execute, but I'm still in play mode.

If I close the universe window and hit 'edit graph' in the inspector I am taken back into the container... not the whole graph. Pressing goto previous multiple times DOES NOT goto the entire graph, and does nothing.

If I close the universe window, deselect the universe logic object in the inspector, and then reselect it and then click edit graph, then I can see my entire graph.
holyjewsus

Re: Won't go previous on play mode

Postby holyjewsus » 14 Sep 2011, 02:27

Okay, found some more stuff out:

the code still executes, the blocks just don't flash when this happens, I guess it's something mac os x GUI.

So after hitting play, I'll be stuck in a container, with no blocks showing that they are executing, until I stop the simulation, deselect the universe object in the inspector, and then reopen the graph, then it works properly, and everything flashes that it is executing.
holyjewsus

Postby holyjewsus » 14 Sep 2011, 02:33

one more thing, may be related:

Sometimes, after pressing save on the universe screen while inside a container, the windows will close. The graph will save correctly, but I have to reopen the window.... this happened in play mode.

universe windows just closed on me when pressing the stop button from play mode.
holyjewsus

Postby Neodrop » 14 Sep 2011, 10:45

In general, the Containers is a hidden game objects with Universe Graph on it. When you enter to Play Mode or exit from it, this (base) game objects is recreated (and old one are destroyed). Because of it, your Universe window is closed.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby beddnollop » 15 May 2015, 19:51

Thank you for your posts! Very interesting!
beddnollop

Return to Bugs