Why you use Universe ?

Why you use Universe ?

Postby Neodrop » 24 Feb 2011, 19:23

Why you use Universe ?
Neodrop
Администратор

Re: Why you use Universe ?

Postby tobbeo » 24 Feb 2011, 19:40

I love the node-based approach as I feel it's a very logical and intuitive way of working. Coming from an artist background having taught myself C# the last year, this tool allows me to visualize and produce code a lot quicker and prototype a lot quicker than I could possibly do without it. It gives me a very visual overview of my code and I spend less time worrying about structuring my code and more time on prototyping my game ideas.
tobbeo

Postby Xin » 24 Feb 2011, 19:51

We no coder in house, I use universe

1,I don't have to beg/pay the programmers who is off site to do thing.

2, No more writing of complicated brief to programmers.

3, No more back and forth of tweaking ( since lot of time we not sure what works best )

4, Fast prototyping ideas by playing around nodes

5, er I will add more
Xin

Postby kshaja » 03 Mar 2011, 08:33

Even with lots of fortran,pascal,c,c++,c# in my hands first time i saw Virtools i felt in love with visual programing.
Quest3D was a small adventure on the side and then came UDK and Kismet struck me.

All that time I was looking at Unity3D and its development, but not really catching my eye.
Then in one post on the Unity forum I saw

Visual Logic Editor (Antares VIZIO) : (video & screens)

from that moment I jumped into the wast space of VIZIO Universe and Unit3D.

Thank you!
kshaja

Postby emadgh » 03 Mar 2011, 11:31

I use UNIVERSE Because it help me to have more control on AIs.
Unify Smart blocks are for you to use in your projects with Universe.
emadgh

Postby Viziopleasure » 06 Apr 2011, 14:37

I often see me reading and re-reading code lines I wrote myself, searching for bugs or searching for a specific variable.
When there's tons of scripts, too many functions and variables, that makes me loose a lot of time.
Antares helps me to have much more organizational control over the overall software while it gets bigger and bigger.
If there's a bug I'll easily know where it is, it's like searching for a game object, very simple and fast workflow.

So, Antares rises my productivity to another level.
Viziopleasure

Postby JohnyZuper » 06 May 2011, 20:25

I'm artist. I use this technology as a medium to express thoughts and emotions. This is an intuitive process that requires a lot of "touching".
Using a visual language like Universe always me to stay in the same mood when composing the logic as I am when creating a texture, working on sound effects, tweaking the lighting.

A visual language becomes part of the artistic creative process. As opposed to a script-based language which continuously disrupts the mood and breaks the flow. Coding requires a completely different mindset than artistic creation. Constantly having to switch between the two makes my head hurt and dramatically reduces the creative quality of my art and even my motivation to work.
JohnyZuper

Postby Neodrop » 10 Oct 2011, 06:41

Neodrop
Администратор

Postby Nezabyte » 04 Aug 2013, 23:54

Was using Playmaker and decided to give Universe a chance. Happy to see that it is a lot more powerful, so we are using it with our current game.
Nezabyte

Postby Neodrop » 05 Aug 2013, 15:36

It will be fantastic, if you will write it as Review in the Asset Store. You'll help to populate our technology. Thank you and good luck with your projects.
Neodrop
Администратор

Return to General Discussion