Skip to content

Updates and Website and Guides

Updates and Website and Guides

Postby oOoANDUSoOo » 01 Aug 2013, 17:56

Hi all,
I am a avid programmer and, like all that are short on time, have been looking for a visual alternative to coding. I have used Playmaker and although it seems good I believe it to be a bit basic for me with its main intent being a FSM - though I have made it work for me so far in what I wanted, but it still seemed very basic to me.

Now, I am torn between uScript and Antares Universe. Both seem good for me but I am a little concerned about the apparently lack of updates to recent version info on the main websites and the offical guides seems lacking. Though I really like to find things out as I go, I do like to understand how these things work and , for piece of mind, be kept up-to-date with the latest version info and such.

This is not a flame at Antares or anything, just concerned that I make the right choice when I purchase either of these visual scripting tools. :)

Antares is still being worked on, isn't it?
Also, what does the future look like for Antares, is their anything upcoming that will make it stand out from the crowd?

:)

Many thanks,
-Andy
oOoANDUSoOo

Re: Updates and Website and Guides

Postby Neodrop » 01 Aug 2013, 23:02

Yes. The Universe project still alive and fill good. You don't see a big news about updates just because this updates have no revolutionary news. But I always write it here.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby oOoANDUSoOo » 01 Aug 2013, 23:14

Hi Neodrop,
thanks for responding. So far I really like Antares instead of uScript. I may purchase next week once I play around with it more... hopefully the sale will still be on then :)

Very nice, well done on this awesome tool.

-Andy
oOoANDUSoOo

Postby Neodrop » 01 Aug 2013, 23:48

You welcome. Also, if you'll need, you can find me in Skype and join to our skype support channel.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby Nezabyte » 15 Aug 2013, 11:24

Could you keep us updated on what you're working on? Are you working on any new features, or are you focusing on bug fixes? Also, are you the sole developer at this point, or is there another developer working on the project as well?

We love Antares Universe and see it as the most powerful visual scripting tool on the market (mainly with its ability to access all our classes and variables, and direct support for FSMs), but we're concerned about if you'll continue to support it for years to come.
Nezabyte

Postby Neodrop » 15 Aug 2013, 15:12

I'm alone as a last men in the Earth. And in general, I work over some new interesting systems + support of Universe
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby schragnasher » 15 Aug 2013, 16:56

Antares has the most powerful c# interoperability iv been able to find. Through wizards you can get/set or invoke anything. We write a lot of our functions in c# and mainly want the fsm and sequencing that antares provides. Antares is for lazy programmers :) , others are for non-programmers.
schragnasher

Postby Nezabyte » 15 Aug 2013, 23:56

Neodrop wrote:I'm alone as a last men in the Earth. And in general, I work over some new interesting systems + support of Universe

What types of systems are you working on? Is it for Antares Universe, or for a different project? It would be cool to know what to look forward to in the future.
Nezabyte

Postby Neodrop » 19 Aug 2013, 12:47

It's other system. It's have Component model< based on MonoBehaviours but not so wide as Universe. I'm still looking for a best way for my ideas.
Neodrop
Администратор

Return to General Discussion