Skip to content

Strange error after update. All my graphs lost!

Ask for help here ;)

Strange error after update. All my graphs lost!

Postby tutiplain » 13 Jan 2013, 19:07

Hi all,

I recently downloaded an update to Antares Universe from the Asset Store, and now all my objects graphs are gone! That's over three months of work, lost! An error message is presented on the console whenever I open this project:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEditor.AssetPreview' from assembly 'Antares.Vizio.Editor'. Antares.Vizio.Editor.eval_l.eval_o () Antares.Vizio.Editor.SceneViewEditor.eval_a (Int32 A_0) UnityEngine.GUI+_Window.Do () UnityEngine.GUI.EndWindows (UnityEngine.IDList idlist) UnityEngine.GUI.DoEndWindows (UnityEngine.IDList idlist) UnityEditor.EditorGUIInternal.EndWindowsForward (UnityEngine.IDList idlist) UnityEditor.EditorWindow.EndWindows () UnityEditor.SceneViewOverlay.End () UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture

If anyone knows how to resolve this, I will be eternally grateful! I even tried re-importing the Antares Package, and it didn't work. Please help!
tutiplain

Re: Strange error after update. All my graphs lost!

Postby holyjewsus » 13 Jan 2013, 20:00

did you try reverting to an old version of antares? and when you mean all your objects are gone, what do you mean exactly.
holyjewsus

Postby bigSky » 13 Jan 2013, 22:45

Something similar happened to me, no graphs - seems like a naming/backup thing that gets lost/ignored/confused on update - woo hoo! Are you on a Mac? I still haven't got all my graphs back, but I got a lead by rifling through the backups of the .graph files in the root of the project >TempGraphs. There are a lot of backups in there, some folders empty, some with graphs in them. I managed to at least find some of my graphs in there. Perhaps Neodrop will be able to identify what the problem is, but there are some odd inconsistencies (graphs that are in the project, that used to have information in them loose it, and get written over?) Whatever the case, I feel your pain. I really wish Neodrop would make a stable and sustainable environment, because I love Vizio, but it is like riding an unbroken horse - fast and exciting, but you might get thown off at any moment.
bigSky

Postby holyjewsus » 13 Jan 2013, 23:27

Yes, I know what you mean!

something like this happened to me in the distant past. I would also reccomend backing up the project NOW, and then seeing if you can find any of the graphs in the backup folders....
holyjewsus

Postby tutiplain » 14 Jan 2013, 12:04

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. I was able to recover most of my work from a previous backup, but it was a close call. I am keeping the "bad" project around to see if it can fixed with your suggestions, though.

Reverting to an old version of Antares? How do I do that? I upgraded using the update button in the asset store, but I don't know if there is an option to download older versions.

It's not that the objects are gone, but their graphs. When I click on "Edit UNIVERSE Graph" on any Vizio Component in my project, the previously drawn graph is gone. I restored the most recent back up of one using the Backups section in the Vizio Component. It was also empty.

@bigSky: Yes, I'm on a Mac. And it is like you say. It seems like their is some instability in Antares. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time it happened after I copied the project onto a Windows machine. I had to redraw my graphs from scratch (fortunately back then it was only one or two graphs). I love using this tool, too, but I got really scared this time. I'm gonna have to consider translating my graphs into traditional scripts and using those instead :(
tutiplain

Postby Neodrop » 14 Jan 2013, 15:41

It happend because you use Unity 3.5 but new update is for Unity 4.0 by default.

If you want to use it with Unity 3.5 you should unzip VIZIO/Plugins/Unity_3_5.zip and replace existing dll's (Just unzip it right in the VIZIO folder)

version-history-t286.html
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby tutiplain » 27 Feb 2013, 12:51

Thanks for your reply, Neo. This solved my problem.
tutiplain

Postby Trezvie » 27 Nov 2015, 14:17

Awesome guide! Thanks for sharing with us!
Trezvie

Return to HELP!!!