Skip to content

Some questions

Some questions

Postby gurayg » 28 May 2013, 19:03

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask a few questions about Antares Universe before I start my projects. Actually I would like to ask where to start working on the below topics and how to approach to my goals.

-I am going to need a "text search" function. It will search for some predefined words, inside a long text (file read or pasted into a text area) and highlight those words.(or change the searched text visually in a way)
-Is it possible to read/write PDF files within Antares?
-I am going to need to connect to a web based database and read/add/edit entries.
-I will need to fill out a template .pdf file (or generate a new one) from database entries on demand.
-And somehow send an e-mail with a file attachment.

You think these goals can be achieved with Antares?

A few lines of answer can really help me know where to look/start.
Thanks in advance for your taking time.
gurayg

Re: Some questions

Postby Neodrop » 29 May 2013, 15:42

-I am going to need a "text search" function.

You can find about 100+ nodes to works with strings (text)

-Is it possible to read/write PDF files within Antares?

May be, but you must find some third-party code to work with PDF because Unity can't do it. After it, you can work with this third-party code by Wizards or Smart Blocks (user-created nodes).

-I am going to need to connect to a web based database and read/add/edit entries.

You can do it by Wizards or Smart Blocks.

You can do anything what can be done with .NET but it's impossible to make a set of ready-to-use nodes for every idea in .NET programming universe.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby holyjewsus » 30 May 2013, 00:22

communicating with databases using the WWW class blocks is pretty simple if you are sending POSTS AND GET commands to a script online. I used these these blocks to send JSON data to a php script running on my server with antares, was easy to setup.

The json parsing in unity was the hard part...not many great libraries with a small footprint.

Unfortunately I'm not sure on anything to do with PDF, you'll need to look around for making a pdf with .net in general.
holyjewsus

Postby Aliraza183 » 11 Mar 2015, 12:03

Thank you for your Universe advertising ;)???
Aliraza183

Postby beddnollop » 15 May 2015, 19:49

Thank you informed me.
beddnollop

Return to General Discussion