Skip to content

Setting the current object's transform properties

Ask for help here ;)

Setting the current object's transform properties

Postby tutiplain » 27 Nov 2012, 22:35

Hi all,

First I'd like to congratulate the Antares team for bringing us such a cool tool. Nice work, guys! Now, I have a question. I have an object with a graph attached which I've turned into a prefab. This graph changes the transform of the object onto which it is attached. I did this by using a Transform Set Position block and setting its Transform Input to the current object by selecting it from the Scene. It works great when there is only one instance of the Prefab. Having more than one causes the graphs on both instances to affect only the first instance (the one I originally selected from the graph). I believe I could solve this if there was a block like "This Set Transform". I noticed there is a "This Get Transform", which I use to access the current object's Transform, but I don't know how to change it. Or is there another way to do this that I am missing? Thanks for any info. It's greatly appreciated.
tutiplain

Re: Setting the current object's transform properties

Postby holyjewsus » 27 Nov 2012, 23:30

I think you're on the right track, you want to use this get component and then get the transform, at runtime that will return the owner go of the graph
holyjewsus

Postby Stardog » 05 Dec 2012, 15:02

You should use the This Get Transform. Now right-click on the Transform icon at the bottom > Wizard Set > Select Wizard > Open Settings Window (bottom-left) > choose which parts you want to expose (position - Vector 3).

This Wizard block is basically doing the same as a "Transform Set > position" block, but it's more fun to use Wizards :P

Your problem seemed to be when you choose the object from the Scene and drag/insert it in. I never do that in Antares ever. I would get the object from a script variable, or use the "This Get" blocks, not by choosing from a list or dragging in.
Stardog

Postby tutiplain » 10 Dec 2012, 15:24

Thanks for your replies. I had not seen the This Get Transform block. I also did not know I can expose the Transform properties by right clicking on the icon inside the block (I always insert a new Super Universal Wizard block from the tree). Thanks a lot!
tutiplain

Postby beddnollop » 15 May 2015, 19:48

I think that this information is the best.
beddnollop

Return to HELP!!!