Skip to content

Saving multiple objects/instances to file from web player

Ask for help here ;)

Saving multiple objects/instances to file from web player

Postby Nick42p » 26 Mar 2012, 11:34

Hi Everyone, first time post here.

I am currently developing a project for a client and I need to be able to save multiple object instances (rigidbodies) to an online file location.

To be more specific, I need to save the instances (of the rigidbodies) that have been created during the gameplay and their vector3 data so that when the client loads his "savegame" they will come back in the correct place and the objects (instances of object) he has created will still all be there.
And just to make it harder I need the information to be saved and loaded from a webserver, not a local file and not from playerprefs.

I have had some success using universedata -> get value (vector3) with universal wizard -> save to file. but this is only local saving though, I'm expecting to start online testing this week.

So, any thoughts or comments would be great!

Love Antares universe as I am not really a programmer but have been able to do just about anything I need to in Unity thanks to Antares Universe.

- Nick
Nick42p

Re: Saving multiple objects/instances to file from web playe

Postby Spoke » 27 Mar 2012, 06:21

Hi!

This is how I would do it.

I will have a php script or whatever on the server that accept the values to be stored and the user credentials, upon call it will produce the save file on the server.
In order to reload, all you need to do is request the saved file to the web server and load it.

Hope the idea is clear. ;)
Spoke

Postby Neodrop » 27 Mar 2012, 14:11

Php is a good idea, because Unity do not allow access to the user's file system from WEB compositions.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby beddnollop » 15 May 2015, 19:50

Very good and informative exchange .. Thank you!
beddnollop

Return to HELP!!!