Skip to content

need starter Video tutorials Please!!!!!!!!!!

Video tutorials, example projects

need starter Video tutorials Please!!!!!!!!!!

Postby dany125 » 29 Jul 2012, 05:23

sup guys,

this looks like a good visual scripting to dive into,
but havent found much startup video tutorials.

there are some in youtube, but no audio, mute video tutorials really suck,
is hard to learn from mute video tutorials, the mouse pointer is all over the place, is like talking to a mute person trying to guess the signs to learn from him, :-(

mute video tutorials are a no, no. they just worthless imo.

so please i beg you create very simple startup video tuts with audio narrator, we just need the simple get to know the application, introduction, simple stuff.

because the documentation is all over the place, one can not even guess where to start from.

so please provide better documentation or create better startup audio/video tutorials.

thank you
dany125

Re: need starter Video tutorials Please!!!!!!!!!!

Postby holyjewsus » 29 Jul 2012, 05:36

don't know if you saw this one, it's narrated.
little-big-tutorial-t413.html
holyjewsus

Postby holyjewsus » 29 Jul 2012, 19:01

also if you have a specific tutorial you want made I can try to record something.
holyjewsus

Postby dany125 » 30 Jul 2012, 06:00

thank you,
dont know if you one of the developers or just a good friendly community supporter but the devs shoud put more attention to
sequenced startup tutorials.

well, something like very basics ie:

getting starter, that will cover vizio installation, then introduction showing the layout of the editor, explaining all the goodies , the different windows the editor has, how to use the slide out window that you can drag out from scene editor.

then other with a very basic hello world tutorial.
then other examples with basic mouse click functions
then other examples with basic char controlers, first person, third person camera setups etc...
then other examples with basic creating gui, aswell wih popular ngui editor examples
then other with a little more advanced, showing most relevant functions or features used to program.
basically something that will help you get your feet wet in a sequence from beginner to more advance video tuts.

i mean i dont expect all those to be hand crafted just for me, but imo this is what one look for when getting a new product, a very good and easy to understand tutorials section to get our feet
wet to ease up the learning curve.
because so far i found lots of videos, but all of them dont have no sequence, nor help to the very beguiners.

making the videos narrated are a must, because you dotn want to be guesssing mute videos, or having to learn mouse signal language, lol

in other words, something that will make it look easy to learn, even tho it may not be easy for starter, but at least to make new comers to feel at home.

since the word in the street is that vizio is so damn complicated that lots like me just wanna turn away due of lack of sequenced tutorials or easy startup documentation.

thing that the competition has a lot.

thanks
dany125

Postby dany125 » 30 Jul 2012, 16:48

here in this thread are good startup basic tuts.
beginners-tutorials-t612.html

but they are mute.
and videos with no narration are as half as good.

is like watching an education video documentary with no audio, ie: the history channel, or geo channel or the popular tv show called "How it's made" from discovery channel documentary videos in mute???

it just plain does not work or help at all.

devs need to step up with introductional video tutorials,

just my 0.2
dany125

Postby holyjewsus » 30 Jul 2012, 17:53

hey danny, I'm just a user of universe, neodrop is the dev.

I might be able to remake stardogs tuts with some narration, or just narrate over his if I can get in contact with him.
holyjewsus

Postby dany125 » 30 Jul 2012, 19:21

thanks holyjewsus,
that will be awesome if you can narrate over stardog's tutorials, they are good basic ones but with no narration they just not good enough,
so if you can do this will be a great thing, offcourse that is if stardog does not mind about it.

looking forward to hear more news about this.
dany125

Postby bigSky » 31 Jul 2012, 10:54

This is just a message to holyjewsus, to say thanks for the fantastic work you have done in support of vizio and this community. Your tutorials are excellent and succinct, and of great help.
bigSky

Return to Tutorials