Skip to content

Mobile plateforms

Propose a useful feature - and there's a good chance it'll be implemeted in the next release!

Mobile plateforms

Postby Visionaries 777 » 01 Apr 2011, 09:36

We've tried to build few little scenes in Unity using only Universe for the programming part then made them run on an Android phone and it's really convincing! We've only tried so far on a Nexus One and everything run smoothly, including characters and animation. Still have to try on the iphone but I guess it should be the same.
This means something really important: Unity + Antares Universe becomes also the perfect combo to build apps for smartphone without writing any line of code!
For people using visual programming softwares like Max/Msp, Virtools, touch designer... the biggest problem are the export and how can you really distribute/publish your work which is one of the major feature in Unity. I'm then convince that Untiy + Universe is going to be a perfect option for people who want to build easily apps for smartphone, which was probably not the main idea of Universe. And I'm sure we will soon discover a lot of new usages of it that could invite totally new people starting to use Unity.
For now if we come back to Android it would be an idea to develop some high-level blocks especially to be able to get easily access to the phone inputs like the touch screen, accelerometers... And same with IOS ;)
Visionaries 777

Re: Mobile plateforms

Postby Viziopleasure » 01 Apr 2011, 10:31

Agree. Despite my bosses, I'm personally interested in smartphones.
I'm thinking about building specific blocks for that, even if Antaris staff don't care about it.
Holly s*t, this thing going to change Unity forever the way it was.
Viziopleasure

Postby Neodrop » 01 Apr 2011, 14:11

Universe already has a full android support by default. For iOS building it is necessary to use a special dll which probably will be shared as a separate product for a little price (~50 $ )
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby jamdalu » 17 Dec 2011, 18:24

Where can I get the IOS DLL?
jamdalu

Postby Neodrop » 18 Dec 2011, 12:20

iOS dll has been included in the standard Universe package (both paid and free). It can be found in VIZIO/Plugins/Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.ios.dll.zip
Also, read the .txt manual about "README How to create iOS app" in VIZIO/Plugins/ folder.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby juanjo » 30 Aug 2012, 09:36

This is the same lib for Android?
juanjo

Postby Neodrop » 05 Sep 2012, 12:11

You don't need to change anything for Android build. It's just the same as normal Windows or Web development. Just press "Build" and install the .apk in your device.
Neodrop
Администратор

Return to Good Ideas & Wish List