Skip to content

Learning Universe: I have no hair left to rip out

Learning Universe: I have no hair left to rip out

Postby sanity » 25 Jun 2014, 18:15

Hi,

I am mid-level programmer, I have coded state machines, sense scripts, movement scripts, coroutines and events and etc... So I mildly know whats going on in code; On top of that I have a good deal of experience with node base scripting from Autodesk Maya and Foundry Nuke.
Now I am trying to find a visual scripting tool to implement the large scale logic of my game which would do so by interfacing with the scripts I wrote and attached to my gameobjects... Antares Universe seems to be the tool for me... right? I hope so, but I have spent about 8 hours of experimenting with it and I still cant do anything worthwhile; and I am slowly going nutter-butters here - thus for my husbands safety I am turning to you for help.

Let me tell you what I am trying to achieve:
I have a game manager object, it has a component with public gameObject field that keeps a reference to the last object I clicked (selection).
I also have universe graph on this game manager. I want the universe graph to tell the selected objects universe graph that it has been selected (update a bool variable?)

Then the selected Objects universe graph enables one of the components attached to it's own object (I use a polygon object here as GUI in the game). Then the graph listens for that enabled object to call event which also passes Vector3 and Quaternion (position, rotation). In response to event Universe Graph calls a coroutine in another component attached to the same gameobject and passes position and rotation it received from event as parameters to this coroutine.

Please help me figure this out, I hope that if I can do this I will be able to understand the tutorials better and thus handle my learning on my own from here.
sanity

Re: Learning Universe: I have no hair left to rip out

Postby Neodrop » 04 Jul 2014, 20:56

At first, sorry for late. If you want, find me in skype and I'll put you in our skype support channel for more faster answers.

1. Use LocalVariable to change some value inside any other graph. local-public-and-private-variables-t580s25.html
Or you can send message example-on-send-and-receive-message-using-vizio-messaging-t405.html

2. You can use Unity messages to call any coroutines in any monobehaviours. Also, you can use Wizard node to call it inside selected monobehaviour.

I hope it's help you.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby chazzvann » 13 Jul 2014, 23:54

Can you also add me to the support group?
chazzvann

Postby Kamilla1 » 24 Nov 2015, 14:14

The same interested me!
Kamilla1

Return to General Discussion