Skip to content

Job Opportunity with VIZIO

Job Opportunity with VIZIO

Postby bigSky » 11 Sep 2012, 01:38

Hi All,

I am looking for a developer who will be able to help me produce a "serious" game for the University that I work at. I can't really call myself a programmer, and don't have the time to develop anyhow, so I am toying with the idea of throwing the job open to any developers who might want to create the work in Unity.

THE DETAILS:

The work will be a short interactive tour surrounding some key concepts in learning that are important to the University.
The work will employ some innovative concepts around interactive information visualization and "gamification" of learning.
I am hoping to employ UWebKit for some of the serving of the data, and other Unity Plugins (Ngui, QTMovie plugin, and others..) This can be decided through consultation with you.
The gist of the work is a "curated tour through existing content - imagine someone over your shoulder showing, marking up, and outlining essential media from a media pool.
The project will end up as a downloadable .app or .exe that will be served from an internal intranet.

The project will hopefully form the backbone of a project that will expand into 2013.

It is a simple starting point, but be aware that there is staged performance deadlines with a final deadline of December the 7th.
I am offering a fee of around 10K (Australian Dollars),and you will also receive licenses for the plugins deemed necessary.

You will not have to produce any artwork (apart from stand-ins..) , but will be expected to liaise quite closely with me in the design phase.

Why VIZIO and not C#?

Because I like it. I am also hoping to be able to produce smart blocks for the integration of the plugins/resources that might be offered back to the community. :D

Who might apply?

I would expect that you have:

A degree/or equivalent working experience in programming.
That you have already shipped a title or two.
That you are happy to work through the network.
That you are happy to sign a NDA.
That you are happy to be paid in 3 stages, dependent on the completion of the work.

Please PM me if you are interested in the details.
(If Neodrop applies, he'd be a high contender ;) )

Cheers,
bigSky

Re: Job Opportunity with VIZIO

Postby ren072 » 12 Sep 2012, 08:50

pm sent
ren072

Postby Neodrop » 14 Sep 2012, 18:12

NGUI is very hungry for CPU. I don't like it and don't recomment to use it in any apps.
I can provide you my own GUI system, which are in many times faster than NGUI and has many other abilities, but not documented yet (because this system still in development). What your target Unity version is ?
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby bigSky » 15 Sep 2012, 06:47

Hi Neo,

We will be using 3.5.5f3. Love to take a look at your GUI system. Thanks.
bigSky

Postby holyjewsus » 15 Sep 2012, 06:50

What an interesting opportunity!
holyjewsus

Postby Neodrop » 16 Sep 2012, 13:50

I can provide the GUI system (but this is much more than only GUI. Mat be it's "Game Control System") in next 2-3 weeks. It's need to be polished a bit.
Neodrop
Администратор

Return to General Discussion