Skip to content

Cannot do anything!

Ask for help here ;)

Cannot do anything!

Postby allanfrandall » 19 Jul 2011, 02:46

I've looked at some of the video tutorials, but I'm afraid I can't do anything... if I create a block, all I get is a little scrunched up thing that is unreadable... looks like it needs to be resized, but no intuitive way to do so. Also cannot see how to delete a block once it is created (delete key does nothing). If I can't even create and manipulate objects in the editor, I can't even get to first base with trying out this tool. Am I missing something?
allanfrandall

Re: Cannot do anything!

Postby allanfrandall » 19 Jul 2011, 04:56

Ok I figured out the problem with the scrunched up icons. I accidentally swiped my fingers up the touchpad and it zoomed in, and the icons enlarged.

Still working on how to delete a block.
allanfrandall

Postby allanfrandall » 19 Jul 2011, 18:01

Ok, I (finally!) figured out how to delete a block. The "delete" key does nothing (just beeps at me). On my MacBook keyboard, however, it appears that "Fn+Delete" does the trick. Not very intuitive, as I've never actually used that key combination for anything before (I rarely if ever use the fn key in the first place).

So now I can at least create blocks, delete blocks, and hook them up. Now, I know there will eventually be a manual and more tutorials, which will explain how to do these things, so this isn't technically a bug. However, I must say that it probably shouldn't take an entire day just to figure out how to do such simple things, even without a manual. These are basic, standard GUI things that should be intuitively obvious, and should work without complications just by experimenting with the product.

Allan
allanfrandall

Postby Neodrop » 21 Jul 2011, 00:15

I have no idea why you can't delete the node in OsX
As I know, other users have no problems with it.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby bigSky » 23 Jul 2011, 08:32

Actually, this is how I have been deleting, Fn+delete, Mac os10.5. I thought that was the intended method. If anyone knows a way out of this, please let me know.

Also, cmd+d still makes a ton of duplicates, which spoils workflow a bit.

Also, using arrow keys to navigate a graph is accompanied with a system beep, each step.
bigSky

Postby Neodrop » 23 Jul 2011, 14:27

What can I say ? Fu***ng OsX 8-)
I think, somethong will be fixed with Unity 3.4 and in our next update 1.21
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby Neodrop » 23 Jul 2011, 14:39

For example, I have no idea, why KeyCode.Delete works fine in Windows but not in OsX
It's not my bug. It's Unity issue.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby Trezvie » 27 Nov 2015, 14:15

Nice post helps me alot thanks.
Trezvie

Return to HELP!!!