Skip to content

Best of Both Worlds: Visual AND Textual Scripting with AU ?

Best of Both Worlds: Visual AND Textual Scripting with AU ?

Postby verlsnake » 29 Apr 2013, 12:06

Hello Good Antares Universe (AU) Fellows !

I am not afraid of textual programming; because I have a code programming background. You know: The important thing is getting things done on a level as high as possible ! And I have already read that Visual Scripting can become a spaghetti nightmare, too ... So have You found an Unity3D development mix leveraging Antares Universe AND textual programming in those areas both approaches are most appropriate in ? Leveraging exclusively Visual Scripting just for the sake of it just doesn't make sense a.D. 2013 !
verlsnake

Re: Best of Both Worlds: Visual AND Textual Scripting with A

Postby schragnasher » 15 Aug 2013, 20:40

Antares is really the only system iv found that operates well with regular code. It is silly to do large systems in visual scripting, we mostly use it for sequencing and State Machines and high level logic. Wizards give you the power you need to operate with any c# code you have so you can program functions as powerful as you need to and then simply use them through antares wizards.
schragnasher

Postby Neodrop » 19 Aug 2013, 12:50

I use both ways. At my point, AU is a best way for quick debugging and researching, but some time it's faster for me, to write some script.
Neodrop
Администратор

Postby Kikimora » 22 Sep 2015, 13:27

Nice post helps me alot thanks.
Kikimora

Return to General Discussion